
Sister Heneka asked for the young women to make a list of 'ideals' of a father and daughter:
Ideal Father:
1. Explain Perameters
2. Constant
3. Supportive
4. Provides Needs
5. Patient
6. Loving
7. Understanding
8. Listens
Ideal Daughter:
1. Obedient
2. Respectful
3. Supportive
4. Grateful
5. Patient
6. Loving
7. Understanding
8. Helpful
Heavenly Father "nurtured and knows us and taught us well."
Job 38: 4-7
God's love for us: Eternal and unchanging. What are some blessings we have that shows His love for us?
YW responses: He sent us to earth so that we could return for him. He also sent His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, so that Jesus could atone for our sins. That way, it would be possible for us to return to Him.
Heavenly Father provides:
John 14: 16-18----Comfort
Jacob 4: 10---------Counsel
Mathew 7: 7-11---Help & Understandment
John 3: 16----------Everlasting Life
If we know that we are daughters of our Heavenly Father, we'll look towards Him for quidance.
"The truth is... man is a child of God-a God in embryo. ...That man is a child of God is the most important knowledge available to mortals." (Marion G. Romney, in Conference Report, Apr. 1973, p. 136; or Ensign, July 1973, p. 14).
"I would charge you to say again and again to yourselves, ... 'I am a [daughter] of God' and by so doing begin today to live closer to those ideals which will make your life happier and more fruitful because of an awakened realization of who you are." (Harold B. Lee, in Conference Repot, Oct. 1973, p. 10; or Ensign, Jan. 1974, p. 6).
You can improve your desire for Heavenly Father by:
Praying -----(diligently & often)
Obedient ----(follow His teachings)
Service -----(missionary service, daily missions, act of service towards those in need, etc.)
Goals -------(set a goal or several, write down what you need to do to accomplish them)
Values ------(Young Women Values) etc.
- Praying
- Love one another
- Keep Heavenly Father in your life a constant
- Understand Him
- Forgive others
- Repent etc.
Remember, struggling is part of life on earth, a test.
Ways to learn from Heavenly Father:
- Daily scripture study
- Stake presidency
- Prophets
- Attend church each Sunday
- Tithing
- Fasting etc.
Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
I AM DIVINE
I looked in the mirror the other day--
"You are divine" I heard a voice say
My eyes were wide with much surprise,
"Oh no I'm not, just see my eyes.
They're much too small, I wish they were blue.
"The voice came again, "You are joyful and true."
I looked at my neighbor with such a sigh,
"You are so thin!" was my weak cry.
She seemed quite stunned, then said to me
"Things aren't always what you see,
I'd give anything if I were you
For you are righteous and truthful too."
I picked a book up off the shelf,
Then knew I couldn't live with myself
I promptly put it in its place,
then felt the Spirit taking place,
"I knew you'd pick the one you should
You thirst for knowledge--That is good!"
I told my brother, "It's not funny,
You are so rich with money!"
He said, "I'm rich, that much is true
But I would rather be like you.
You're honest, good and always kind.
People like you are hard to find."
It took a while but I caught on,
And soon my list of wishes was gone.
How blessed I am from up above
With God and friends and joy and love.
No money can buy these gifts of mine
I'm a daughter of God, and I'm divine!
(Author Unknown, from "Very Valuable Values for Young Women", Vol. 2, pg.17)






No comments:
Post a Comment